SPANISH BILINGUAL ASSISTANT TEACHER
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with young children ages 2-5 years old and motivation to excel and grow with our team. As an Assistant in a Licensed Home-Based Preschool many duties will include assisting the Lead Teacher with administrative duties as well as day-to-day classroom responsibilities. This is a part-time position – perfect for a student of Child Development. Hours are 3-6pm Monday thru Thursday and 9a-5p on Fridays.
- Negative TB test (within the past year)
- Background clearance (we will reimburse for the cost)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Enjoys a tidy workspace and organized workday – strives to make the workspace and classroom more efficient
- Vibrant and full of energy
- Understands and is comfortable using the Spanish language (Fluency)
- Has an interest in training to become a Lead Teacher through Child Development courses
- An eagerness for connecting with your fellow teachers and parents in order to give our students the best possible experience in the classroom.
This position requires love, patience and respect for children. The Assistant will encourage the children to be independent and model for them appropriate manners and behaviors. The Assistant will guide children in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth following the philosophies of Maria Montessori.
-Work with the Lead Teacher to develop appropriate activities for each child.
-Play with children and help them with the classroom materials.
-Change diapers and assist children in the bathroom (toileting, hand washing, accidents.)
-Prepare and serve snacks and lunch.
-Assist the Lead Teacher in keeping classroom areas clean and well organized (entryway, living room, classroom, kitchen, bathroom, hallway)
-Read to children and conduct circle time
-Supervise outdoor play
Opportunities for growth within our company – we are expanding rapidly and building a team of educators for early childhood education to grow our program.
Learn more about us at http://astepaheadoakland.com
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of Ms. Julia Wolfe, email@example.com before March 4th.